Castle Combe is a beautiful little circuit in the
picturesque village of the same name in Wiltshire.
Les knew it well as it was where he raced his
Ariel Arrow back in the
50's, when he must have gained all his knowledge of two stroke
I personally only raced at Castle Combe once, running in the
Dykes engine while my engine was being repaired.
I had an uneventful race as I was running the engine in, and I
strict instructions not to seize it up.
I do remember that it was a nice circuit to drive
Castle Combe 21st October 1972
All Photos by Chas de Lacy
1. Andy Smith(9) - 125cc class
2. Colin Hart (1) - 75cc class
3. George Pearce (25) leads Kevin Reilly (66)- 150 Specials
4. Alan Jupp (23) leads Roger Myers (8) - 150cc class
5. Nev Frost (3) - 200cc class
6. John Fritchley (69) - 150cc class
7. Nick Barnes (30) - 150cc class
8. Ray Kemp (45) and Dave Bexon (12) - Specials class
Club and Circuit covers